THIS GATHERING HAS PROVED POPULAR AND HAS A WAITLIST, WE ARE UNABLE TO OBTAIN ANY MORE PITCHES
Our location for this gathering is Hillerød Camping http://hillerodcamping.dk/en/
The Campsite has been awarded Best Danish Campsite 2019.
Good rail connections, with a 10 minute walk to the local station, provide access to Copenhagen, Helsingør (including Kronborg Slot made famous as Hamlet's Castle) and the fabulous sandy beaches of the southern Kattegat for those wishing to explore further. All of these have train times of less than 30 minutes from Hillerød.
The cost will be about £350 per couple. Dogs are free.
The Gathering will include;
• Camping costs and two evening meals at Hillerød camping, including a traditional mid -summer celebration on our last night with entertainment.
• A full day trip on a vintage train by the coast visiting the Hammer Water Mill, the fishing village of Gilleleje for lunch, and the vintage train sheds at Græsted. No meals included, significant options in the village.
• A full day's programme in the Hillerød area visiting the Frederiksborg Slot, guided tour of the National Museum of Danish history, the Baroque gardens and a boat trip on the castle lake. No meals included.
• There are two free days to allow your own trips to Copenhagen, Helsingør, or the coast. All are less than 30 minutes by direct train from Hillerød.
• The trips are dog friendly. The museum tour will require breaking into groups and this will give an opportunity to do all activities but share dog duties.
The event is being organised by Mel & Simon Humphreys who will prepare a thorough guide looking at potential stop overs, routes before and after and highlights of the local area and Denmark. This may be the opportunity for that Scandinavian trip you’ve talked about?
They can be emailed using the following link Simon if you have any immediate questions, and will happily offer advice.